Mold in Port Charlotte is natural. It occurs without us even realizing it sometimes and can lead to some gross revelations and unhealthy situations. However, there’s a lot of myths surrounding these spores. So, read up to keep your home healthy:
Mold is Natural, So It’s Not Dangerous
This couldn’t be further from the truth. Everyone reacts to mold differently. So, there is a lot of potential to your home and family.
All Mold is Toxic
Nope, not all mold is toxic. Yes, mold spores can lead to allergic reactions and such, but that doesn’t mean it is toxic. Professionals can determine just how dangerous a type of mold spore is.
If the Mold is Black, It’s Black Mold
Mold comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Just because mold gives a black hue does not mean it is the toxic black mold. In fact, “black mold” is a specific type of mold called Stachybotrys.
You Can Clean Mold Up with Bleach
Killing mold with bleach is not enough. All of the mold needs to be removed. You also need to consider that mold that isn’t visible, including in the air.
Mold Will Make My Family Sick
Different molds affect different people differently. In simpler terms – we can’t say for certain if mold will make your family sick. People with respiratory issues tend to be more sensitive to mold in the home. However, not all mold has a physical effect on people. It truly depends on the person.
Anyone Can Remove Mold
There is a science behind removing mold from an affected area. You need to bring in the professionals to perform an air quality test and remediate it. Plus, you may not know if a type of mold is toxic until a professional sees it. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
Are You Needing to Remove Mold in Port Charlotte?
Don’t get caught in a sticky situation by removing mold yourself. Instead, bring in those who know the science behind remediating mold in Port Charlotte. Contact us today to learn how our services can help your home.