Do I Have Mold?
The only way to be certain if your property has mold or not is to have a free mold inspection performed by an expert mold professional (MSR1208) at FP Property Restoration. We will come out to your property and do a full thermal and moisture inspection to determine what issues exist and if there is reason to believe there is mold present. From there we can recommend an air quality test to determine type of mold and amount present in the air.
How do you know if there may be mold? Here are some things to look for:
- There is a smell of mildew.
- There is colorful growth on walls or surfaces.
- You find a damp area in the house.
- There is discoloration around the air handler or register vents.
- There is discoloration under a kitchen or bathroom sink.
- There is discoloration in a tub or shower. Pay especially close attention to the discoloration of grout in a tiled shower area.
- Closets have mildew, moldy smell.
- Sudden allergies or respiratory problems.
- Water marks on ceiling from potential roof leaks.
- Exterior discoloration from stucco or block wall issues.
- Higher than normal humidity in interior of property
These are only some items that you can keep your eye out for to better detect mold. Never hesitate to contact FP Property Restoration if you think that you may have mold in your home or business. We are a 24 hour emergency restoration company.