Most people know mold as that pesky mess that they have to clean up so it doesn’t continue to smell. However, what most people don’t know is that when left untreated, mold can actually do serious damage to a home. Let’s take a look at how mold in Port Charlotte can do damage to your home if left untreated.
Structure of a Home
Mold feeds on organic materials, such as wood, paper, many fabrics, and even some types of glue. It eats away at those materials causing them to rot and fall apart. Left untreated, mold can eat away at materials like wallpaper, drywall, carpet, wooden studs in walls, ceiling tiles, floorboards, and other structures inside the home. If it gets bad enough, mold damage can result in caved in floorboards or even collapsed ceilings.
While you might think to be on the lookout for mold in places with moisture buildup like kitchens and bathrooms, and damp and dark areas like basements and attics, not many people think to check their HVAC systems. Mold in your HVAC system can be particularly damaging to your home, both because it is difficult to remove mold from inside ductwork and because mold inside a home’s air ducts can quickly spread to other areas of the home.
Do You Suffer from Mold in Port Charlotte?
If you have mold in your home, it’s crucial to get it taken care of before it spreads and causes significant damage. Contact us today to learn more about our mold remediation services.