Tampa Water Damage Restoration
24-Hour Flood Damage Repair by Certified Restoration Pros
If your home or business is suffering from water damage caused by a storm, water or sewer line leak, or flood, FP Property Restoration of Tampa can provide emergency repairs to restore your property and get your life back on track. In addition to providing 24-hour emergency water and sewage extraction and cleanup services, we offer comprehensive property repairs and restoration. Our reliable technicians are certified, licensed, and insured and can provide the quality work you need.
Call (813) 437-5629 for water damage restoration in Tampa. We are available 24/7 and can be on-site within 30 minutes.
Signs of Water Damage
Water damage is feared by most homeowners. If you leave water damage unattended for too long, the structure of your home can be affected, along with a number of other complications.
Below are three ways to spot water damage in your home.
- Examine Your Floor: No matter what type of flooring your home has, water damage will still be obvious. If your flooring is tile or wood, water damage could cause the flooring to be cracked or buckled. If your home has carpet, keep an eye out for damp spots that have a mildew scent.
- Check for Stains Around Your House: The most obvious signs of water damage are water stains around your home. Keep an eye out for water stains on the floor around the bathtub, toilet or sink, as well as stains on ceilings and walls.
- Keep an Eye out for Rust and Mold: Rust or mold can be a sign of hidden water damage. When water stagnates, mold and bacteria can grow, producing a musty, unpleasant smell. Contact a professional if you have a suspicion that your home has water damage and/or mold.
What to Do Immediately After Water Damage in Your Home
If you are in a situation where flooding has happened to your home, it’s important to start taking care of the situation as quickly as possible. We recommend having your Tampa water damage technician’s phone number in your cell, so you can get in touch with them first thing. Our number at FP Property Restoration is (813) 437-5629.
After that, there are a few things you can do on your own:
- First things first, you want to turn off your power and water main. That will prevent more water from entering your home and avoid any chance of electrocution. However, be aware that any open wires can still electrocute you, so stay away from those.
- After the power and water is off, start moving important items out of the water, if it's safe.
- You can also be proactive and start to remove the water on your own. If your power is still off at this point, you can bring towels and buckets to remove standing water. If the sewer isn’t backed up, you can pour this water down the drain without any issue.
Don’t work with a shop vac or regular vacuum on your own.
Your Tampa water restoration professional will have the proper equipment to handle that.
Classes of Water Damage
After water or flood damage, seeing your home in any stage of destruction can be heartbreaking; however, when it comes to water damage recovery, there are different classes of destruction. This allows our team of professionals to determine the extent of damage and potential danger. And, it ultimately streamlines the remediation and recovery process.
Class 1 is the mildest form of damage. It typically means there’s only one part of a room that was affected and nothing too absorbent got wet. This means hardwood, tiles, and concrete were wet.
Unlike Class 1, Class 2 has a pretty quick evaporation rate. However, this level means that carpet and other fabrics got wet. And, it means that most or all of a room has water. Plus, there is about a foot of water reach on the walls, which will require more drying and dehumidification.
Class 3 indicates some pretty serious destruction. While it has the fastest evaporation rate, everything, including walls, ceilings, insulation, and carpet were soaked through. Class 3 is common when water has come from above, like in the case of a leaking pipe or bathroom flood.
Lastly, Class 4 requires special drying and dehumidification. This is because the water or liquid has time to permeate low-absorbency materials. This means that your concrete, tiles, and hardwood has become soaked.
Property Restoration After Water, Flood, or Sewage Damage
We use the latest equipment and complete ongoing training to ensure our water removal and restoration methods are effective and up to current industry standards. After the source of water has been identified and stopped, we can begin repairing and restoring your property.
Our Tampa water restoration professionals can:
- Extract all standing water
- Dry affected areas of the property using dehumidifiers and air movers
- Clean and sanitize all belongings and areas of the property that can be salvaged
- Complete all necessary repairs and reconstruction of water-damaged areas
- Provide full documentation of damage and repairs for insurance purposes
- Bill directly to your insurance company and help with your claim
Leak Detection & Repairs in Tampa
Water can be extremely damaging to any home or building. In addition to causing structural damage, water can destroy furniture and personal belongings, and it can provide the ideal breeding ground for mold. Leaks must be immediately detected and stopped, and FP Property Restoration of Tampa can help.
If water or sewage is currently leaking on your property, act quickly and call our water restoration professionals. We can identify the source of the leak, stop it, and begin extraction of water or other substances to limit further damage.
“Your team showed up fast and had a plan.”- Cameron T.
“Once you meet and talk with these guys, you will find out why they deserve every star.”- Kevin Y.
“We feel secure, educated and in good hands with this company.”- Michael D.